Powered by Conduit
Internet Scavenger Hunt #10 (4 on the difficulty scale)
This Internet hunt is part of a series of Internet treasure hunts first published in the Times-Colonist newspaper. Please see the main online hunt index for background and a full list of Internet Hunts.
Use the Google search at the top of your screen under the WebLens logo to answer the questions below. Choose your keywords carefully. Don't just type the question into the form.
- Which popular sitcom star's first big break came with the 1962 film The Sand Pebbles?
- What is the name of the deadly new flu strain that has been recently identified in Hong Kong and is spread to humans by chickens?
- Who illustrated Winnie the Pooh?
- What is Fluxus?
- Who won the Academy Award for colour cinematography in 1962 and for what film?
- How many sharps are in the key of A#m?
- What is a "Bimini Twist"? (Clue: it's not a dance!)
- In 1959, the original Barbie doll sold for $3.00. How much might you expect to realize today for this doll in mint condition (ie. never removed from box)?
- How many books are in the B.C. Ministry of Health Library and how many new books are acquired each month by the library?
- Everyone knows by now that Apple Computer Inc. announced a deal with Microsoft at a trade show last summer. Needless to say, it didn't make Apple fans happy. How many seconds of booing resulted?